peace

peace

Saturday, October 29, 2016

butterflies.

on that spring evening,
I felt something I wouldn't forget.
the first time ever feeling such a strong attraction.
strong and tall.
the troubled past leaked through the cracks of your smile,
the steps you took with so such calmness and stride.
ambition and passion leaked through the heavy bass and metaphoric lyrics.
you were hidden.
hidden to be separate from the norm.
the sun shined through the darkest and deepest place in your eyes.
that place spoke to me.
it resonated with me.
there was a long walk home but you walked with me.
telling me the void you wanted to fill,
and the love you never felt.
you confided in me.
the times you looked, I smiled.
I didn't tell you of the bright colored insects that took over my body,
making it hard to breathe, and made my palms sweat that evening.
I had known all that time, but I was unsure.
You made me feel calm, and relaxed.
I was shot with certainty and trust,
Letting my walls down willingly.
Time flew past,
and we got older.
we clicked like channel switches,
and the unknown became known.

No comments:

Post a Comment